Re: minor e1000 bug

From: Ethan Weinstein
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 21:53:39 EST

Feldman, Scott wrote:
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Ethan Weinstein wrote:

It'd be fantastic if we could get this implememted. I'm very pleased
with the quality of this driver save for this one small issue. I'd be
glad to help test code if necessary as I have multiple systems using
e1000's, and several are testboxes. It'd be nice to have some
semi-realtime stats from these cards.

Ok, this is against 2.6.0, so you'll need to hand adjust it for other kernels. Let me know if you see any issues.

-scott

Much thanks. That seems to do it, tested lightly so far with two onboards (asus p4c800e, and supermicro X5DPL-IGM-0) using both kernels 2.6.0 and 2.4.23, e1000-5.2.22, stats updates are much faster and seem more accurate. Will test with some PCI-X cards in the office tommorow, where I can really do some pounding.

-Ethan