linux kernel scheduler

From: Yoann
Date: Wed Dec 24 2003 - 11:01:51 EST

Hello

For a system administration lesson, I have to do a presentation about the linux kernel scheduler. I would like to present the difference between the scheduler of the 2.4.X and th 2.6.X, but start the analyse from sources will a little bit difficult, I try to find information on google, but I've found nothing that explain really how the scheduler work, Only general information about scheduler. Is there any document or book where I can find this kind of information ?

thanks for your help and merry Christmas
Yoann