Re: 2.6.0-test11 data loss

From: Gergely Tamas
Date: Wed Dec 24 2003 - 17:23:53 EST

Hi,

I've been hit by the same problem but using 2.6.0 . As you described,
garbage in files (eg. /etc/modules.conf, ...).

2.6.0, Slackware 9.1

> The corruption happened on two separate partitions on a single IDE
> laptop drive, and both were ReiserFS 3.6 partitions. I don't know if
> this is a kernel bug or a Reiser bug or something else, but I thought

I don't think this is a reiserfs bug. This was my first thought and
after first hitting this bug, I've moved all my partitions from reiserfs
to jfs. But I've also had this problem with it... Now I'm back to
2.4.23, and everything works fine.

Gergely