Re: filesystem bug?

From: Tsuchiya Yoshihiro
Date: Wed Dec 24 2003 - 18:09:59 EST

Tsuchiya Yoshihiro wrote:

OK, I'll try your script with a 2.4.21 or 2.4.23 kernel to see if we can
reproduce this here. In the mean time, could you possibly try a 2.4.24
kernel, just in case the clear_inode race has something to do with this?

Stephen, I started running the test on ext2 and ext3 on 2.4.24-pre2.

The test on ext3 on 2.4.24-pre2 failed. The read-only directory has been gone.
As from the number of files and blocks that 'df' says, not only the lost directory
has been gone, it looks the directories and files under it also have been gone.
The remove command looks like it really worked on the directory, rather than
the parent directory is broken.

The test on ext2 is still running.

Thanks,
Yoshi