Re: 2.6.0 "Losing too many ticks!"

From: Michael Heyse
Date: Wed Dec 24 2003 - 21:37:26 EST

William Lee Irwin III wrote:

This is not particularly harmful. It just means the kernel has detected
some variation in the processor's clock speed and is using a time source
that doesn't change speed along with the processor's clock speed.

I had the same problem with an AMD K6-2 on VIA Aladdin V chipset, and it WAS harmful, time source not sane at all, because the clock went at about half speed.

What worked for me: using Andrew Morton's kernel, it includes a via-tsc-fix.patch, now everything's all right.

Greetings,

Michael