mpt-fusion driver

From: merwan kashouty
Date: Thu Dec 25 2003 - 20:03:16 EST

i bought a new scsi controller , lsi21320 and was running 2.4.23 , after about 20 hrs the system became sluggish and then locked up... i switched back to a tekram u160 card i had and after a few days found this.

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0310.3/0068.html

in the messege is a link to a driver update released by lsi

ftp://ftp.lsil.com/HostAdapterDrivers/linux/Fusion-MPT/2.05.10/mptlinux-2.05

so i applied the updated driver patch to my kernel recompiled and its been running great ever since.. very fast too....

Timing buffered disk reads: 316 MB in 3.02 seconds = 104.77 MB/sec

could this possibly find its way into the 2.4.23 or atleast 2.4.24 if it isnt already.

ciao

merwan

i am not a subscriber to the lkml so CC me if not to much trouble