Re: filesystem bug?

From: dlion
Date: Fri Dec 26 2003 - 07:29:48 EST

Hello ,

d> I tried your script on ext2 and ext3 filesystem on a ramdisk. I got errors,
d> too. It seems that this problem is unrelated to device driver or
d> hardware.

d> The mozilla tarball is too big for a ramdisk. I use a
d> zhcon-0.2.1.tar.gz (4,991,350 bytes) instead.

d> I only got one kind of error on ext2 filesystem. That is, the script
d> said the read-only directory zhcon-0.2.1 is missing, but it _is_ there.
d> I used e2fsck to check the ramdisk and found no error.

d> I got other errors on ext3 filesystem include:
d> 1. missing file
d> 2. corrupted file
d> but when I used fsck.ext3 to check the ramdisk, the result was clean.

d> My system is:
d> CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1800+
d> RAM: 256M DDR333
d> Chipset: VIA KT400A
d> Linux Distribution: Fedora Core 1
d> Linux Kernel: kernel-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl.athlon.rpm

I did the same on the kernel-2.4.22-1.2135.nptl.athlon.rpm and got the
same result.

--
Best regards,
dlion mailto:dlion2004@xxxxxxxxxxx