<xmas crazyness>

From: dick morales
Date: Fri Dec 26 2003 - 09:00:30 EST

i've recently invent cute idea - put a configure file in linux/ tree, so users
can do things like that:

#cd /usr/src/linux
#./configure
#make -j5
#make install
#reboot

&have completely new well-cfgured kernel.

maybe this needs some nifty .pl or .c converter of /proc/config.gz
to new .config in linux/scripts/. I htink its highly need to be included, bcause it helps poor users migrate to 2.6 from earlier 2.5 or 2.4 or even 2.2/2.0 ;).
Compare this with abs stupid /proc/updike ;)!
By the way, what happens with developers? why they hang at 2.6.0? we want -bk<N> patches !

Please cc/bc me, I am not in list.