Re: Can't eject a previously mounted CD?

From: Samuel Flory
Date: Fri Dec 26 2003 - 14:56:25 EST

Joshua Kwan wrote:
On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 11:34:27AM +0100, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

If you're using SUSE 9.0 ...

No, Debian.

The reason I said it was something to do with my motherboard is that
I've not experienced this before, even on another motherboard with
the original nForce.

Traditionally (as in Windows), the only thing that would keep the CD
from being ejected is an ongoing recording session. Of course, in
Linux, it just has to be mounted, and that's normal behavior. Just that
the drive doesn't want to eject my CD even after unmounting it.
Does that mean that this is a userspace problem?

What does fuser -kv /mnt/cdrom claim?

--
There is no such thing as obsolete hardware.
Merely hardware that other people don't want.