Re: OSS sound emulation broken between 2.6.0-test2 and test3

From: Martin Schlemmer
Date: Sat Dec 27 2003 - 06:11:25 EST

On Sat, 2003-12-27 at 09:50, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
> Something appears to have broken OSS sound emulation between
> test2 and test3. Best I can tell (despite the appearance of the BK logs),
> that included ALSA updates 0.9.5 and 0.9.6. Hopefully someone who
> understands the sound architecture better than I can fix this?

I wont say I understand it, but a quick look seems the major change is
the addition of the 'whole-frag' and 'no-silence' opts. You might try
the following to revert what 'no-silence' change at least does:

--
# echo 'xmms 0 0 no-silence' > /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/oss
# echo 'xmms 0 0 whole-frag' > /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/oss

and restart xmms. If that do not work, then one of the alsa guys will
have to have a look.

--
Martin Schlemmer