Re: speedtouch for 2.6.0

From: Guldo K
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 10:52:46 EST

> It works the same as the module in 2.4.22 and later.
> This module was originally only available outside the
> kernel tree (it can be found for example in the
> speedbundle on http://linux-usb.sf.net/SpeedTouch).
> Now that it is in the kernel tree it is pointless to
> compile it in the speedbundle (and it doesn't work
> right now for 2.6 kernels). Just turn it on in your
> kernel .config and recompile your kernel.

Thanks for your anwser.
I loaded all modules:
Module Size Used by
uhci_hcd 30928 0
speedtch 14096 0
crc32 4320 1 speedtch
tdfx 37096 0
pcspkr 3300 0
tdfxfb 12456 0
cfbimgblt 3136 1 tdfxfb

then configured all necessary files.
All fine. Nice green lights.

But when I ran pppd, I got:
pppd: /usr/lib/pppd/plugins/pppoatm.so:
pppd: Couldn't load plugin /usr/lib/pppd/plugins/pppoatm.so

I looked for it and noticed it was in /usr/lib/pppd/2.4.20/,
so I linked it; but then I got:
pppd: libatm.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
pppd: Couldn't load plugin /usr/lib/pppd/plugins/pppoatm.so

Looks like I missed some piece of installation...

Could you help me?

Grazie,

*Guldo*