RE: ataraid in 2.6.?

From: Christophe Saout
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 17:29:26 EST

Am Mo, den 29.12.2003 schrieb Nicklas Bondesson um 23:18:

> I'm planning to go with the device mapping in 2.6.0 to setup RAID1 using my
> Promise TX2000 card. How do I know which device name it will choose? I have
> looked in the 'devices.txt' but there is neither a ide-raid nor a specific
> Promise device name mapping. Please advice.

If you cannot wait for Arjan or anybody else to write an ataraid setup
tool, you can go with dmsetup and choose any name you want (see the
dmsetup man page). The only restriction is that dmsetup creates device
under /dev/mapper, you can though use symlinks to it like LVM2 does if
you need it under /dev/ataraid or something (in your initscript). If you
don't have a better idea you can just give it the same name as before.