Re: Adaptec/DPT I2O Option Omitted From Linux 2.6.0 Kernel ConfigurationTool

From: Go Taniguchi
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 22:36:22 EST

Hi,

Just FYI.

This is my patch.
http://pkgcvs.turbolinux.co.jp/~go/patch-2.6/dpt_i2o.patch

Worked fine for me on quad xeon with 4G mem and 64bit PCI.
It include.
- Support 2.6 kernel and DMA-mapping
- ioctl fix for raid tools
- use schedule_timeout in long long loop
- not support 64bit CPU yet.

However, It may differ from the Adaptec policy (linux-scsi ML).

Samuel Flory wrote:
Samuel Flory wrote:

You might want to hold off on doing a lot of work for a bit. I think there was a beta driver that was being passed around.

FYI I've found a beta release of the dpt-i2o driver that someone sent me. I'll see if I can figure out what the current status of it.