UID of the child processes

From: auntvini
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 03:07:06 EST

Dear All,

I am building the linux kernel to calculate the Load Average of the tasks in a different manner.

That would be to seperate the tasks under respective login user and then calculate Load Averages. I was successful partly but there is a problem.

ps command gives a good idear about my effort.

Though I was able to introduce new code, now I find that as far as a child processors are concerned uid is not the original user id (say 500, 501 etc) of that child processor. This is because the child inherits the user id of the Parent.

Previously I thought that the uid in the struct task_struct
is going to be original user id. Now I find it is not the case always as child inherits parent uid

Then I used p->uid. which is not true.

acct structure is also has got uid ?

Do you know any global structure that keeps the original user id (say 500, 501 etc)?

Thanks
Sena Seneviratene
Computer Engineering Lab
Sydney University