[drm:radeon_lock_take]

From: Curzio . Basso
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 06:36:02 EST

Hi all!

I've got a mysterious (for me) bug(?):

whenever I run a program using an OpenGL context, as soon as I do some windowing
operation (say, minimize the window of the program or switching focus etc.), the
system sort of freeze. To be precise: the desktop freezes partially, but I can
still move the mouse, halt the machine via power button, or ssh to the machine
and kill the app. After unfreezing the desktop, in the messages log there is the
following line:

kernel: [drm:radeon_lock_take] *ERROR* 4 holds heavyweight lock

Another quite annoying thing is that this behaviour is not so easily
reproducible, that is: not everytime the windowing system intervenes the desktop
freezes...

The machine is a Compaq Presario 2700 laptop, with a PIII, running 2.6.0. The
graphic card is a radeon mobility M6 LY, which, if I am not mistaken, belongs to
the radeon 7000 family...

Needless to say, I did not find anything on this mailist, although there were
other messages on FreeBSD and Debian mailing lists which described a problem
which basically looked the same.

If anyone has a good advice, it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
qrz