Re: [2.6.0-mm2] e100 driver hangs after period of moderate receiveload

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 07:36:38 EST

Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 07:11:10AM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:

After banging on an e100 card for about ten minutes with a ~60kpps stream,
the interface stops receiving packets. Interrupts come in once every few
seconds (from /proc/interrupts), but no packets are received anymore at all.
Lots of slab corruption messages in the syslog that were generated during
that packet stream (see other email I sent.) Stopping the packet stream
still leaves the interface unusable. 'ifconfig eth1 down ; ifconfig eth1 up'
seems to fix things.

Is NAPI enabled for this driver? The interrupt behavior seems normal for NAPI, but certainly the rest of the behavior does not...

Yes, NAPI was indeed enabled.

I 'went back' to 2.6.1-rc1 and that seems fine now. Any patches you want
me to try on top of 2.6.0-mm2?

Well, the two are vastly different, since -mm2 includes a complete rewrite of e100.

Does disabling NAPI in -mm2 change anything?

Jeff