Re: [2.4] Server stops serving nfs files (possibly ext3 or quota related)

From: Mike Fedyk
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 13:09:56 EST

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 10:13:01AM -0500, Dale Blount wrote:
> Since no one seems to have any ideas, could someone please tell me (or
> link to the docs) of what I need to capture next time this happens?
> It's been pretty consistent from 2.4.18-ac4 to 2.4.22 so I'm figuring
> the problem still isn't resolved in 2.4.23. I've been checking
> changelogs and nothing looks relevant.

First I'd cc ext3-users@xxxxxxxxxx

If your processes are waiting on something you'll need to show what they're
waiting in (ps axl).

Do you get any other error messages in your kernel logs? Does your network
connection keep working when NFS serving stops?

run sysrq+t at the time you're having the problem, and run it through
ksymoops.

Oh, and for small lists it's ok to just include it in the email body.

Mike