Re: [Dri-devel] 2.6 kernel change in nopage

From: Alan Cox
Date: Thu Jan 01 2004 - 13:01:55 EST

On Iau, 2004-01-01 at 13:50, Michel DÃnzer wrote:
> > Okay, you did something weird with nopage args, but I thought I did
> > the equivalent of this in the original patch?
>
> This is about the canonical DRM code in the DRI tree.

99.9% of people run the DRM code in the kernel tree, so definitions of
canonical might vary. I don't personally see a problem with the ifdefs.
The DRI devel tree has to work with anything, the kernel gets the luxury
of being able to strip out the defines that aren't needed for that
specific release.

Alan