Re: Possibly wrong BIO usage in ide_multwrite

From: Andre Hedrick
Date: Thu Jan 01 2004 - 18:06:25 EST

Christophe,

You have to walk either the active or scratch BIO to satitsfy the FSM for
completion of a "DATA_BLOCK". Where "DATA_BLOCK" is variable in lenght.
Also you may not update or acknowledge the return of any BIOS regardless
until the status of the "DATA_BLOCK" is known. Status is always checked
after the transfer but you are not permitted to check it then in pio
period (excluding soft-poll completions, unsupported in Linux). Only
after the next interrupt returns can you querry the status of the previous
"DATA_BLOCK" transfer. Then and only then can you leave the FSM to deal
with the needs of BLOCK.

Trust that Bartlomiej gets the point, I spent a long time making sure
somebody did before I burned out.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
LAD Storage Consulting Group