Re: udev and devfs - The final word

From: Greg KH
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 17:18:12 EST

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 04:22:41PM +0100, Helge Hafting wrote:
> > Hopefully I can work on fixing this up in 2.7.
>
> Interesting - how do you plan to do this?

Probably something like the current interface for USB minor numbers when
CONFIG_USB_DYNAMIC_MINORS is enabled. The drivers will request a
certian major/minor, but the kernel will just give it whatever it feels
like.

That's my first guess, actual implementation will probably differ wildly
:)

thanks,

greg k-h