Re: GCC 3.4 Heads-up

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Sun Jan 04 2004 - 23:16:33 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, Bill Davidsen wrote:

You pointed out that this generates good code, I pointed out that it also avoids future errors and is not just a trick for broken compilers. I take your point about generating good code, I'm sorry you can't see that avoiding code duplication is good practice even without the benefit of better code.

Don't be silly. Using non-standard C is _never_ good practice.

Your example, which I quoted, *is* standard C. And it avoids duplication of code without extra variables, and is readable. We both agreed it was standard, why have you canged your mind?

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO TMR Associates, Inc