Re: udev and devfs - The final word

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 07:46:03 EST

Hi.

The suspend to disk implementations all assume that devices are not
[dis]appearing under us while we're suspended. If you do go adding and
removing devices while the power is off, you can expect the same
problems you'd get if you removed them without suspending the machine.
It would be roughly equivalent to hot[un]plugging devices.

To return to the original point though, userspace may see a sudden big
jump in the time clock if it's looking, but it won't suddenly find major
& minor numbers are different.

Regards,

Nigel

--
My work on Software Suspend is graciously brought to you by
LinuxFund.org.