kernel-2.6.1-rc1-bk6: too many northbridges for AGP

From: Detlef Grittner
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 09:45:08 EST

Hi all,

I have compiled and installed the kernel-2.6.1-rc1-bk6 on a x32_64
architecture, i.e. an AMD Athlon64 3200+ processor.
In the dmesg I can see the following messages:

agpgart: Detected AGP bridge 0
agpgart: Too many northbridges for AGP

And AGP doesn't work after this. The northbridge chipset is a VIA K8T800
(southbridge is VT8237). The video card is an NVidia 5900 with AGP8x.

I think I've read in the NVidia newsgroup that this is a known bug and
would be fixed in 2.6.0, but now I'm not sure: Is this a known bug or is
it a new bug?

Detlef