Re: [2.6.0-mm2] PM timer still has problems

From: john stultz
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 18:33:59 EST

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 15:18, Karol Kozimor wrote:
> Thus wrote john stultz:
> > Ah, I must have missed that point. Indeed that is very odd. When booting
> > without the clock= what time source is used? Does booting w/
> > "clock=crazy" also show the problem?
>
> A quick follow-up: booting with 2.6.1-rc1 + plus your patch:
> clock=crazy: doesn't even pass the Uncompressing kernel... Booting Linux
> stage,

Grrr. That def shouldn't happen. Let me do some further local testing
and I'll get back to you with another patch.

> clock=pmtmr: see above

Expected, as 2.6.1-rc1 doesn't have the ACPI pm time source, so
pmtmr=crazy ;)

> clock=tsc : boots normally
> clock=pit : as well

I'm still curious about what default time source is selected (when not
using the clock= option) using 2.6.1-rc1-mm1. As well as what happens
there w/ clock=crazy.

thanks so much for the feedback.
-john