Re: [usb-storage] Re: usb-storage && iRIVER flash player problem

From: Matthew Dharm
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 01:58:02 EST

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 09:03:33PM +0100, Javier Marcet wrote:
> * Matthew Dharm <mdharm-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [040105 20:02]:
>
> >It looks like your device is choking over the ALLOW_MEDIUM_REMOVAL command
> >-- I've never seen a device broken in this particular way before.
>
> >If you edit drivers/scsi/sd.c to remove the sending of that command (it's
> >normally used to lock the media-eject button on devices that support it),
> >we should be able to test this theory. If this is the case, then we may
> >need to modify the SCSI layer to only send that command if the RMB bit is
> >set.
>
> That did it, with this fix I have no problems. fdisk still reports
> mangled partitions, parted OTOH reports one partition filling the whole
> device. I can mount either /dev/sda or /dev/sda4 and get the same
> correct results.
>
> Thanks a lot :) You've made me happy for the coming days ;)
> Until your message I was messing around with unusual_devs.h to no
> avail...

Hrm... what's the easiest way for Javier to figure out if his device sets
the RMB or not?

I feel another SCSI enhancement coming on....

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm Home: mdharm-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm just trying to think of a way to say "up yours" without getting fired.
-- Stef
User Friendly, 10/8/1998