Re: ACPI battery problem with 2.6.1-rc1-mm2 kernel patch

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 08:33:03 EST

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 03:23:13 EST, Jean-Marc Valin said:
> > > As suggested by Yu Luming, the patch at http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show=_bug.cgi?id=3D1766
> > > is confirmed to fix my issue. 2.6.1-rc1-mm2 with that patch gives me:
> >
> > Just confirming that the same patched fixed up the battery reporting
> > problems on my laptop as well.
>
> Works for me too. Case closed?

I admit that although *my* configuration works now, somebody else who understands
the code better (Yu Luming and Len Brown, probably) get to decide if it's an "obvious"
fix or something that introduces other issues. I know back around 2.5.68, there was a
2-line change to the Cardbus support that broke my Xircom card, but backing it out
was technically wrong as well - the proper fix involved a complete re-write of the Yenta
stuff.