Re: [update] Vesafb problem since 2.5.51

From: S Ait-Kassi
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 08:39:55 EST

On Monday 05 January 2004 23:13, you wrote:
> Please try my latest patch. I tested midnight commander on my system and
> my system is okay. This is using the vesa framebuffer.
>
> http://phoenix.infradead.org/~jsimmons/fbdev.diff.gz

Just tried the patch with the 2.6.0 kernel and it didn't help. As a bonus
"feature" the cursor also makes the character it is underlining blink.

I assume that something broke in 2.5.51 on some cards (maybe while making
fb-con modular?). Three of the four people who stated they had this problem
had a ATI card (two had a Radeon 7500 and I have a Radeon 9500 and one didn't
include the videocard). :(

I have no idea what change could be the cause.

If I could help you with more info please say so.

Thanks again,

S Ait-Kassi