Re: speedtouch for 2.6.0

From: Duncan Sands
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 15:24:03 EST

Hi Guldo,

> I compiled 2.4.22, and tried to install speedbundle;
> but it looks like I still have the very same error
> messages... I'd try and understand what kernel headers
> *are* (sorry), but in the meantime I switched back to
> the user driver.

Looks like your libc has 2.6 kernel headers. I refer you to my
previous answer:

You are compiling against 2.6 kernel headers.
(Most people have 2.4 kernel headers in
/usr/include/linux, even if they are running a
2.6 kernel). You will need to update the
firmware_loader directory. Do the following:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/speedtouch login

(just hit return if asked for a password). Then do

cvs -z 9 -d:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/speedtouch co speedtouch

This creates a directory called speedtouch. Replace the contents of the
firmware_loader directory with the contents of this new speedtouch
directory. Now rebuild: in the top level of the speedbundle do

make clean
make
(become root)
make install

> One more thing to ask you: I discarded all the config
> made for the kernel driver (I think so...), but as I plug
> my modem in, the speedtch module is loaded.
> I have to unload it in order to get modem_run to work
> properly with the user driver.
> Why is it so? How can I make speedtch not to be loaded
> automatically, if I can?
> (without recompiling the kernel)

Remove the speedtch.o file in
/lib/modules/(kernelversion)/kernel/drivers/usb

Ciao,

Duncan.