Re: udev and devfs - The final word

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 13:23:43 EST

Ah. Well if you've unmounted filesystems prior to suspending, I would
expect you should be fine. The device numbers might change - if they can
change between mounts - but that won't be any different because of
suspending. If you're talking about suspending with the file systems
mounted, that ought to work to (once the appropriate power management
support is done). If the user fails to reconnect the device before
resuming, they should expect the same problems that they would encounter
if they pulled it out without suspending. Of course I'm saying 'should'
a lot here. Let me use it one more time... in my mind at least, the fact
that we've suspended should be irrelevant to how things work.

Regards,

Nigel

--
My work on Software Suspend is graciously brought to you by
LinuxFund.org.