Re: Problem with 2.4.24 e1000 and keepalived

From: Stephan von Krawczynski
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 03:15:32 EST

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 18:45:04 -0800
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Willy Tarreau wrote:
> > Hi Stephan,
> > [...]
> > What I noticed is that if you load the driver while the cable is unplugged,
> > and then plug it, the MII status says the link is still down.
> > Unfortunately, the only e100 I have access to are in prod at a customer's
> > and I really cannot make tests there.
>
> You have to bring the interface 'UP' before it will detect link,
> with something like: ifconfig eth2 up
>
> Could that be the problem?
>
> Ben

Hi Ben,

the situation is like this (exactly this works flawlessly with tulip):

- unplug all interfaces from the switches
- reboot box
- plug in _one_ interface
- log into the box (yes, network works flawlessly)
- start keepalived
- now plug in rest of the interfaces
- watch keepalived do _nothing_ (seems no UP event shows up)

in comparison to:

- let all interfaces plugged in
- reboot box
- log in