Re: can't mount encrypted dvd with 2.6.0

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 10:00:04 EST

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Thomas Fischbach wrote:

> On 7 Jan 2004 23:07:45 GMT
> davidsen@xxxxxxx (bill davidsen) wrote:
>
> > In article <20040107151948.4376d881@xxxxxxxxx>,
> > Thomas Fischbach <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > | if I create an encrypted iso image:
> > | dd if=/dev/zero of=/files/image.iso bs=512 count=$((1024*4400))
> > | losetup -e aes -k 256 /dev/loop1 /files/image.iso
> > | mkisofs -r -o /dev/loop1 /files/stuff/*
> > ===> try adding -pad here
>
> [...]
>
> I think -pad is used by default.

-pad is used by default on cdrecord, but not on mkisofs AFAIK. Since you
didn't specify how you did the burn, or I missed it, I thought it was
worth a try in case you were using some other software.

> I tried the patch from Ben and it works.
> http://testing.lkml.org/slashdot.php?mid=442410

Then hopefully it will appear in a future bk after additional testing.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc