Re: bad scancode for USB keyboard

From: Bernardo Innocenti
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 20:59:44 EST

Fredrik Olausson wrote:
I have found a solution to the problem.
XFree86 has 2 keyboard drivers, the default one named "keyboard" and an alternative one named "kbd" which according to documentation on the XFree86 website is a new keyboard driver mostly written from scratch. With the kbd-driver the print-screen key and the |\-key got different keycodes and thus I could make the |\-key give me the proper characters.

So, to summarize. Simply changing the line:
Driver "keyboard"
Driver "kbd"
in the input-device section in the XF86Config file and fiddling a bit with xmodmap solved the problem for me.

That's good news, and I'd never heard about a new keyboard driver in
XFree86... It's indeed a project full of undocumented and obscure
features.

Err... what did you exactly say on the xmodmap command line to get
it to work? -)

\X/ http://www.develer.com/