Re: PATCH 1/2: Make gotoxy & siblings use unsigned variables

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 16:38:55 EST

Hi.

Of course you're right about 2^31 columns, but the rest of the code used
unsigned ints as well, not because it expects 2^31 columns, but because
(if I understand the code right), the numbers can be part of escape
sequences... I'm looking at csi_m in vt.c.

Regards,

Nigel

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 09:33, Andries Brouwer wrote:
> >> Shouldn't we be using "size_t" for unsigned int
>
> > You might be right. I was just being consistent with the other definitions.
>
> These are character positions on a screen.
> When did you last see a console in text mode with a line length
> of more than 2^31 ?
>
> If you go for a minimal patch then you should replace "char"
> in one or two places by "unsigned char" and that is all.
>
> -
My work on Software Suspend is graciously brought to you by
LinuxFund.org.