Re: Q re /proc/bus/i2c

From: J. Ryan Earl
Date: Sat Jan 10 2004 - 02:55:30 EST

Gene Heskett wrote:

Greetings;

I'm still trying to make sensors (and gkrellm) work when booted to a 2.6.x kernel.

The lm_sensors people say it should "just work", but so far no one has acknowledged that it doesn't work here because I don't have an "i2c" in my /proc/bus directory. Browsing all the sensors-detection stuff, in particular the bus detection script, this thing is hard coded to look for /proc/bus/i2c by default, or you can pass it an argument.

I don't have a "/proc/bus/i2c". Passing this script the /sys/bus/i2c argument only gets an error return complaining that its a directory.

You've run the "sensors-detect" script and have all the proper modules loaded for your hardware? You should be able to just run "sensors" to see if everything is working.

-ryan