Re: kgdb cleanups

From: George Anzinger
Date: Sat Jan 10 2004 - 03:14:37 EST

Matt Mackall wrote:
On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 01:54:12PM -0800, George Anzinger wrote:

Pavel Machek wrote:

Hi!

No real code changes, but cleanups all over the place. What about
applying?

Ouch and arch-dependend code is moved to kernel/kgdb.c. I'll probably
do x86-64 version so that is rather important.

Pavel

A few comments:

I like the code seperation. Does it follow what Amit is doing? It would be nice if Amit's version and this one could come together around this.

I don't think we want to merge the eth and regular kgdb just yet. I would, however, like to keep eth completly out of the stub. Possibly a new module which just takes care of steering the I/O to the correct place.

I've sent Amit the start of an plug interface for abstracting the
communication layer. Should be relatively painless and allow for
starting sessions on the interface of your choice.

May I see?
--
George Anzinger george@xxxxxxxxxx