Re: Q re /proc/bus/i2c

From: J. Ryan Earl
Date: Sat Jan 10 2004 - 13:07:48 EST

Gene Heskett wrote:

On Friday 09 January 2004 20:47, J. Ryan Earl wrote:

I've also got a bttv card, whose init seems to be done quite early in the bootup, and that requires I have i2c-dev in the kernel. So I might as well put it all in, the current situation. All in, or all out, it doesn't work. A run of sensors right now, returns this:

A couple questions:

1) Have you installed the lm-sensors package?
2) What kernel version?

Even with 2.6, you need to install the lm-sensors package, but not the i2c package as the kernel already has everything needed in it. The lm-sensors packages contains drivers for all the sensor chips. After you get lm-sensors installed on your current kernel, run sensors-detect to get the proper modules loaded for your hardware.

-ryan