Re: UML (user-mode-linux) kernel-2.6.x

From: Tupshin Harper
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 16:58:25 EST

The NeverGone wrote:

Hi...

Look at the second item called:
FAQ: "I'm tracing myself and I can't get out"
There is an associated patch which needs to be applied to the UML
*guest* when running on a 2.6 host.

It's compliled into the Kernel, but it's still not works at all...

The guest UML kernel??? Works for me. What guest kernel are you running?

This patch:
http://sdw.st/src/uml/linux-2.6.1-skas3.patch

This patch cant be used with the -mm2 patch

That patch is absolutely not necessary to get basic uml functionality working. It provides the possibility of better performance and more isolation from the host, but it is not needed.

-Tupshin