LVM migration for 2.4->2.6, fallback path?

From: Matthias Andree
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 17:24:56 EST

Hi,

I understand that the following three combinations work (assuming
2.4.24/2.6.1):

Userspace Kernelspace
LVM1 2.4 LVM
LVM2 2.4 + devmapper patch
LVM2 2.6

But will LVM2 + 2.4 LVM work? LVM1 + 2.6 will not.

I presume neither works, but if there is a way, I'd like to know to save
myself some work.

Oh, and while I'm at it, what good is the "old ioctl" switch in kernel
space? I am currently trying without and it works fine with a current
LVM2 version (which is presumably how things are meant to be).

TIA,

--
Matthias Andree