Re: 2.6.1-mm1: A couple of problems

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 21:15:21 EST

Ricardo Galli <gallir@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Andrew, just a copule of problems with kernel 2.6.1-mm1
>
> - artsd running with ALSA gives the error: "CPU overloading, stopping"
> just few seconds after it began to play a song. It's a P4 HT with SMP
> enabled.

That message came from artsd, not the kernel I assume. There's a big ALSA
patch in mm1, but how it could cause artsd to do this I do not know.

> - Xfree hang: in a Dell Latitude laptop (P3-M 933), xfree (4.3, last
> version in Debian experimental) hangs and shows a white screen. The
> keyboard is also blocked, but login from the network is still OK. There
> is no any error message. I also see the same effect when I tryed to run
> Xine in full screen mode.

Could you please do a `patch -p1 -R' of

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.1/2.6.1-mm1/broken-out/DRM-cvs-update.patch

and see if that fixes it?