Re: 2.6.1-mm1: drivers/video/sis/sis_main.c link error

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 01:59:07 EST

On Monday 12 January 2004 01:34, Andrew Morton wrote:
>Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >There are no significant fbdev patches in 2.6.1-mm1. There is a
>> > DRM
>> >
>> >update.
>>
>> Whatever it is, its pure speed on this system here, Andrew. DRM?
>> lemme see if thats even turned on. Nope "# CONFIG_DRM is not
>> set" Doing a make xconfig, I see that if I turn it on, there is
>> not a driver for my gforce2/nvidia, so I naturally turned it back
>> off.
>>
>> I do have VIA and agpgart enabled just above it, and over in the
>> framebuffer menu, support for framebuffer and nvidia/riva are
>> both checked.
>>
>> Anyway, something has made a huge difference in window switching
>> speeds here, someplace between 2.6.0-mm2 and 2.6.1-mm1. I like
>> it.
>
>Beats me. Doing that vmstat measurement which Vladis suggests would
> be interesting.

See my reply to Vladis of 30 seconds ago, it gets even curiouser!
vmstat 1 segfaults, /proc/1/mem isn't readable.
Interesting indeed. And I cannot get at the stats with ksysguard,
"cannot connect to FQDN" I didn't have that enabled in gkrellm, and
when I do its just a blank header, so its not getting anything
either.

Yup, curiouser and curiouser...

Whats interesting in /sys in this area?

--
Cheers, Gene
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap,