Re: smp dead lock of io_request_lock/queue_lock patch

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 09:14:00 EST

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 03:07:55PM +0100, Martin Peschke3 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to merge all (or at least the common denominator) of
> Red Hat's and SuSE's changes into the vanilla 2.4 SCSI stack?

Since 2.4 is basically frozen, and said patches are only performance
optimisations and not functionality enhancements I would think this is a bad
idea; if you need the small performance gain, 2.6 is imo a far better place
nowadays. The 2.4 SCSI stack seems rather stable and destabilizing it this
late in the cycle sounds bad with the alternative of 2.6 being available.

Greetings,
Arjan van de Ven