Re: 2.6.1-mm1: drivers/video/sis/sis_main.c link error

From: Moritz Muehlenhoff
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 10:01:37 EST

Thomas Winischhofer wrote:
> Isn't a large part of the fbcon/dev stuff in current 2.6 broken anyway?
> Could it become worse by merging James' current changes?

Well, yes. The current version of sisfb works very well on my SIS630 notebook
and the current radeonfb works in most circumstances, while applying James'
code drops over the last months has always lead to visual corruptions of
radeonfb, that make it almost unusable.
It would be very good if the fbdev patches would be available as separate
patches.