2.6.1: Keycode changes, reasons?

From: Markus Hästbacka
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 17:34:29 EST

Ok, I tried to upgrade from 2.6.0 to 2.6.1 today, after what I noticed
my ' key isn't working, after what I did try with xmodmap etc and never
got it working (Seems that it had changed from keycode 51 to 92)

The question is why this is changed? You knew it would broke peoples
keycodes, and will take like a year before it's fixed.

The only problem for me isn't only the ' key, but the "Multimedia keys"
in my Logitech keyboard, they don't work anymore after the keycodes
changed.

And is it safe to remove the keycode change line from the patch?

Kind regards,
Markus
--
"Software is like sex, it's better when it's free."
Markus Hästbacka <midian at ihme dot org>