Re: [patch 2.6.1] Silicon Image 3512 SATA Controller - Tested

From: Aron Rubin
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 18:48:34 EST

Actually I am not really sure how to force one or the other do I just say hda=sata_sil or something?

Jeff Garzik wrote:
Aron Rubin wrote:

This patch enables the Silicon Image 3512 SATA Controller and has been tested and functioning without any apparent bugs (I do not have a full test suite but I am not booting off a device attached to this controller). This patch is against the Dave Jones 2.6.1-1.34 kernel source rpm.

You may remember I was trying to get help on this chipset before. My patch is simply a duplicate of the entries for the 3112 chipset. It did not work fully with prior kernels, giving me a "Interrupt Lost" errors. Whatever else was done to 2.6.1 had made it happy again. Also I did not have to use any special commandline options.

Did you test the sata_sil driver as well?

It's patch should just be one line... No need to add a duplicate ata_host_info entry when you could instead just reference the sil_3112 settings...

Thanks,

Jeff

ssh aron@xxxxxxxxxxxx cat /dev/brain | grep ^work:

Aron Rubin Member, Engineering Staff
Lockheed Martin E-Mail: arubin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Advanced Technology Laboratories Phone: 856.792.9865
3 Executive Campus Fax: 856.792.9930
Cherry Hill, NJ USA 08002 Web: http://www.atl.lmco.com