Re: Proposed enhancements to MD

From: Scott Long
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 15:48:27 EST

mutex wrote:
On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 05:34:10PM -0700 or thereabouts, Scott Long
wrote:

All,

Adaptec has been looking at the MD driver for a foundation for their
Open-Source software RAID stack. This will help us provide full
and open support for current and future Adaptec RAID products (as
opposed to the limited support through closed drivers that we have

now).

While MD is fairly functional and clean, there are a number of enhancements to it that we have been working on for a while and would
like to push out to the community for review and integration. These
include:

How about a endian safe superblock ? Seriously, is that a 'bug' or a
'feature' ? Or do people just not care.

The DDF metadata module will be endian-safe.

Scott