Re: modprobe failed: digest_null

From: Randy.Dunlap
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 17:49:00 EST

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:37:39 +0100 martin f krafft <madduck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

| also sprach Randy.Dunlap <rddunlap@xxxxxxxx> [2004.01.13.2330 +0100]:
| > Any other possibly related messages in the logs?
|
| it's IPsec related since it always appears together with racoon
| entries

It seems to be related to an alias that has no module definition.

| > What kernel version? like 2.4.2x ?? other patches applied?
| > [not 2.6.x since modprobe is being used]
|
| 2.6.1 in fact.
|
| why is modprobe not being using in 2.6.x anymore?

Sorry, I screwed that up. modprobe is stil around, it's just a
different modprobe.
But that messages appears in modutils and not in module-init-tools
AFAICT.

I would guess that you have a high-priority $PATH to old modprobe
than to the new modprobe...

--
~Randy
MOTD: Always include version info.