Re: 2.6.1-mm1: drivers/video/sis/sis_main.c link error

From: Thomas Winischhofer
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 19:37:16 EST

Adrian Bunk wrote:
On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 05:04:53AM +0100, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:

Adrian Bunk wrote:

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 01:40:03AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:

All 393 patches
use-soft-float.patch
Use -msoft-float

I know. The version of sisfb in 2.6 vanilla is from stone-age. This is has been fixed a long time ago in my current development version (and will be in 2.4 as soon as Marcelo applies my patch which I sent him about a week ago). For 2.6, using my current version requires James Simmons's fbdev-patch because of low-level fbdev-interface changes (like sysfs usage, etc).

The whole framebuffer stuff in 2.6 is ancient. (Look at the file dates.)

Until the framebuffer stuff in 2.6 gets updated, I'm suggesting the patch below to mark FB_SIS as BROKEN.

I think that's a bit harsh. It basically works, it just illegally uses some FP operations (as it still does in 2.4 until Marcelo finally applies the patch I have sent him for three times now - hint, hint)

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria