Re: [autofs] [RFC] Towards a Modern Autofs

From: raven
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 10:59:35 EST

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Mike Waychison wrote:

> My proposal uses filesystems for all automount mechanism *except*
> expiry. I see expiry as a VFS service, and strongly believe that this is
> where it belongs.

I'm certainly thinking alot about this and have made quite a bit of
progress thanks to the patiience of all.

Now it think it may be time to ponder the expire mechanism.

I was thinking it might be good for me to write up a specification based
on the discussion so far to make sure that we all have the same
understanding of what has been discussed. Perhaps this could allow for a
specification to follow.

Good idea or not?

Ian