Re: VM_AREA size

From: Hugh Dickins
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 13:39:37 EST

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Mark Hounschell wrote:
> What would the ramifications be of increasing VM_AREA size in
> include/asm-i386/page.h from 128mb to 256mb. What would be the proper way to
> increase this if the above isn't?

I think you mean __VMALLOC_RESERVE? For the most part it's straightforward
to bump it up. _However_, that breaks boot loader assumptions about where
to load initrd, causing mayhem in that case (and initramfs?). That's
second hand info: if I'm wrong or out-of-date, Peter is the authority
and will correct me; or try Google VMALLOC_RESERVE boot.

Hugh