Re: 2.6.1-mm3

From: Roberto Sanchez
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 20:55:29 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.1/2.6.1-mm3/

- A big ppc64 update from Anton

- Added Nick's CPU scheduler patches for hyperthreaded/SMT CPUs. This work
needs lots of testing and review from those who care about and work upon
this feature, please.

- An I/O scheduler tuning patch. This is the 114th patch against the
anticipatory scheduler and we're nearly finished, honest. Now would be a
good time for people to run the appropriate benchmarks.

We're still not as good as deadline on some seeky loads, and deep SCSI
TCQ still hurts a lot. But it is looking good on average.

- Plenty of other random stuff

I am still getting lock-ups on my system (nForce2 w/ Athlon XP 2500+).
I am currently stuck at 2.6.1-rc1-mm1. If there is anything I can do
to help track down the problem I would be happy to help, I just need
some pointers on where to start.

-Roberto Sanchez